Friday, July 11, 2008

Book Club Overnight Retreat




Thanks to our husbands for sponsoring the annual book club overnight retreat (for watching children and tending to tedious household duties). It was a wonderful way to start out our Mother's Day weekend. And I think the guys appreciated having a last minute Mother's Day shopping opportunity without the wives wondering where they were. I will not go into great detail about our slumber party or name names. I will say that I witnessed fellow book clubbers dancing on tables, a pregnant woman doing the splits, and some incredible vocals and moves as we played Karaoke Nation. It was a great time had by all and something we hope to repeat every spring (or more if necessary!). Thanks everyone for a great time!

5 comments:

Leah said...

Well, I was really excited about this book club blog until I clicked on the URL...

Adrienne, that is THEE most disgusting picture of me I have ever seen! Do I really look like Michael Jackson? Please tell me I don't!

PLEASE TAKE THAT PICTURE OFF THE WEB AND DELETE IT! I'M BEGGING YOU! PLEASE! PLEASE!

I'm, like, so traumatized.

Maybe for the next book club retreat we should go get glamor shots. That would make me feel better, I think. Just kidding. Well, sort of kidding. No, actually, not kidding at all. LET'S DO IT!

But seriously, I won't be able to make August's meeting (stupid accounting class... grumble, grumble...) but I will host September or October IF you remove that awful picture.

Thanks! XOXO

P.S. Shana and Marci, you guys look too cute! You should sing a duet in sacrament meeting.

Adrienne said...

Leah-You are so, so adorable. What is this talk of Michael Jackson? You have the moves of a pop star-seriously. And you are so fun! I love that photo because it reminds me of how much fun we all had. I'm so glad we were able to do it.

However, I have always tried to be fair and reasonable, so if you are serious, I will respect your wishes. And it would be great to have book club at your very cute home in September. What book do you want to read?

Shana said...

Yay! Much better pictures! Thanks Adrienne!

Shana said...

Oh yeah, I forgot....what's the book for August? You have a host posted, but no book. Have we decided yet?

Adrienne said...

I just emailed Allison Taft about choosing a book, so I will email everyone as soon as I know.

Also, everyone, I thought it would be great to post favorite recipes on this blog.

I still crave the avocado eggrolls that Marci made for book club. I will try to dig up the recipe she gave us and post it here. Yum!